Building upon the success compiled throughout the past two decades, DMLA (formerly PACA), is returning to New York for its 20th Annual Conference from October 25-27, 2015. Attend informative sessions, meet with colleagues, connect with content providers, see clients and mix in a little time to have some fun too. Manhattan provides the perfect backdrop for an event that promises to deliver key insights to help your business today and for years to come. Our program will take place at the beautiful Hyatt Regency, Jersey City.
In honor of all thatâs changed, yet remained the same since we started these conferences (including our name), this yearâs theme isÂ Unplug,Â Connect &Â Engage. This event presents a challenge to remove yourself from office walls, multi-tasking screens and endless messages. Make time to meet with the people that shape your industry in person. There is free table space and several casual spots in the bar and throughout the hotel to network. Join colleagues for drinks, break or lunch and reward yourself while building your business.
Our annual conference is renowned for providing insights on innovation, true inspiration and pivotal information to help your company. Itâs impossible to stay current on everything that is going on in our ever-evolving industry. We bring the most important material to you through educational panels, keynote speakers and workshops.
This year offers an exceptional line-up of sessions and speakers. Discussions include:
- Buyers Panel: The Death of Stock:Â More and more, we hear about the death of stock. We bring together buyers, tech companies and influencers to discuss how in their search for authenticity, buyers are leaving stock photo agencies to find images in the vast UGC world.
- The future of video licensing:Â A panel of video suppliers and video customers discuss how they are using video today, trends in the marketplace, learning curves of adopting stock video, and anticipate mobile adoption.
- The mobile revolution:Â Hear how mobile technologies are enhancing the way media sellers are approaching their selling experience and streamlining/promoting image submissions to mobile users. What has been working, what hasnât? What has it taken to get their mobile technology going? Leading industry colleagues will share their experiences.
- The business of âfreeâ:Â Free stock photo websites are gaining huge popularity. This panel, composed of the founders and ceo’s of leading platforms, will explore the reason for their traction, their business models and if they are a threat to the stock photo licensing world.
- The elusive right of Display:Â The evolution of thumbnails as part of image search to the display high resolution images. Are websites using technology to avoid licensing? Does the law support this or has it gone too far? Is it time to rethink the server test that permits the use of image display by framing an image from the original source?
- On-Demand-Photography: Crowdsourcing photography to find content “on-demand.” Setting bounties for acquiring photos directly from photographers via technology innovations.
- The Fireside Chat: Â After decades spent chasing real people in stock and endlessly parsing authentic styling, comes “real photography”. We’re twenty years into the the digital revolution but still only beginning to understand what the new technologies are doing for photography. This year’s DMLA fireside chat will be less a cozy reflection and more of a raging blaze of ideas that will inspire and alarm in equal measure. The participants will examine several different meanings of “real photography”, but all fueled by the white heat of technology: user generated content, computational imagery, deep data, automated tagging and more, all in the search of real value for tomorrow’s image users.
- and much more……
Enjoy breathtaking views and world-class accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Jersey City. This iconic hotel is a short PATH train or ferry ride to the World Trade Center and the heart of NYC. Attendees take advantage of an amazing $279** per night rate.
Early Bird Registration ends Friday, July 17th. Â Register today to get the lowest possible rates.
To provide even more benefits, DMLA is teaming up again with Visual Connections to make this a four-day industry event. After the curtain falls on the 20th Annual Conference, Visual Connections will turning on the lights at the Metropolitan Pavilion in NYC on October 28.
Here is quick rundown of events:
- Evening of October 25 â DMLA Opening Meet and Greet
- October 26-27 DMLA Conference
- Evening of October 27 – Annual Party with Conference Attendees, Clients & Photographers
- October 28 â Visual Connections
Contact Cathy Aron, DMLA Executive Director, for urgent inquiries at +1-714-815-8427 orÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.